- Towel DayMay 25, 20238 months to go.
Join 1,494 other followers
- I found this really relaxing. Exactly what I needed right now!
- We are getting close to it being too late!
- There are far too many people on Spaceship Earth
- This page is intentionally blank
- Good news: wa’ mIn has been reunited with his family!
- It would seem that <wa’ mIn> has adopted me…
- Nature’s wonders are truly magnificent
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Tag Archives: plastic
https://fivedotoh.com/2022/02/12/fowc-with-fandango-ramifications/ Sammy looked at the green plastic bottle that she was holding in her hands. Her sister, Libby, watched her. The last time she had seen her mother was when she was taken out of the house on a trolley…
Many of us spend time carefully sorting our recycling. But what actually happens to the plastic waste we put out for collection? Greenpeace UK enlightened me on this subject a short while ago. There’s no WordPress ‘reblog’ button on their … Continue reading
This heart-rending masterpiece of a video is a mash-up featuring the music of Queen (‘Who Wants to Live Forever?’). It was uploaded to YouTube over a decade ago (21May2010), yet in all that time it has garnered fewer than 50k … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bobbing Around:
In 2003, the Japanese town, Kamikatsu, resolved to go waste-free by 2020. They did incredibly well, but couldn’t manage it. Why? The packaging industry makes it impossible. Please read this incisive short essay by Olivia…
Originally posted on daryanenergyblog:
Figure 1: The great Pacific Garbage patch [Phys.org, 2018] With large garbage patches of plastic growing in the oceans, the ecological impact of our oil addiction is now a major crisis. And it’s also starting to…
A riddle for you: What has three words, eight letters and one meaning? My blog following now stands at 381. This number is special to me because it says 3-8-1, and to me that says “I love you”. I do … Continue reading
Following on from Our Today is Forever: If you don’t know what a ‘gyre’ is, I can’t think of a better introduction than Chris Jordan’s ocean of plastic in birds’ guts slideshow. I for one am going to start saying ‘no’ to … Continue reading