- Towel Day 2021May 25, 20219 days to go.
- Defeating the list block walloftext problem using CSS
- Should we use the dictionary?
- Adventures with a dumbphone: Chasing forest sarks
- Choose your battles wisely (especially when transcribing)
- Science friction for Star Wars Day!
- What really happens to your plastic recycling?
- How not to use technology to help with (machine) transcription
- Green Party 10-point climate plan
- Everything has its place
- On Earth Day, please choose to NOT cremate yourself
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Culture
Tell your uncle if he gets a translator, be sure it speaks Bocce. Beru Whitesun Lars, Star Wars Episode IV, “A New Hope” In honour of C-3PO, to whom Bocce was like a second language, I was originally going to … Continue reading
Research in 2019 by expert survey consultants Censuswide, commissioned and publicised by OVO Energy, revealed that more than 64m ‘unnecessary’ emails are sent every day. One result of this is the emission of nearly 23,500 tonnes of additional carbon, in … Continue reading
Jill Dennison posted something yesterday on her blog Filosofa’s Word that suddenly made me sit up and pay attention. Her post begins with a simple statement of fact: Seven jurors were selected this week for the trial of Derek Chauvin, … Continue reading
This heart-rending masterpiece of a video is a mash-up featuring the music of Queen (‘Who Wants to Live Forever?’). It was uploaded to YouTube over a decade ago (21May2010), yet in all that time it has garnered fewer than 50k … Continue reading
One day moreThe final day of T**** as ‘president’The White House has a brand new residentIt’s been four years of endless crimesBut now he’s finally out of timeOne day more But what if he just doesn’t leave?How can I sleep … Continue reading
Since 2009, 19 banks — despite having policies on advancing human rights, sustainability, and climate change — have financed US$10 billion for approximately 155 million barrels of dirty crude destined for refineries in the United States. But they aren’t only … Continue reading
I have to admit, I did swear a bit myself this week. I was reading the Daily Express newspaper — I say ‘newspaper’, that’s overstating it a bit, unless Princess Diana’s mysteriously easy to explain death is still news; however, … Continue reading
Take, take, take, takin’ what you don’t need You’ll get, get, gettin’ what you don’t need Stand back, take a look and take heed All the children in god’s kingdom bleed See the networks of concrete and steel They’ve no … Continue reading