- Towel DayMay 25, 20233 months to go.
Join 1,506 other subscribers
- Lord of the Dance
- Who wrote Robert Heinlein’s ‘The Door into Summer’?
- Illustrating exponential growth using movement towards a target, revisited
- Greta Thunberg says, “Enough is enough!”
- Does absolute power corrupt absolutely?
- The day I broke the machine
- Another year, another few bonsai pictures (2022)
- Feasons Bleatings
- Net Zero: the great con
- [SOLVED – finally!] Windows 10 installation has failed
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: memetics
Spring has sprungThe grass is rizI wonder where dem boidies is?Some say da boid is on da wingBut dat’s absoid –I always thought da wing was on da boid… My Dad (1927–2012) 10 ways you can shape a brighter future … Continue reading
Readers of my wibblettes over the years may have got the impression that I’m not exactly a fan of advertising (and that would be right). Even when such ‘communications’ give an honest portrayal of the product or service on offer, … Continue reading
“Man announces he will quit drinking by 2050”: A thoroughly brilliant parody of the COPout26 farce.
The author of this text (not me BTW) deserves much kudos; our Glorious World Leaders, on the other hand, badly need to stop shovelling horseshit. Continue reading
A long time after Deep Thought reveals The Answer to Loonquawl and Phouchg, Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect try to figure out what The Question might be. Marvin (the Paranoid Android) had told them that The Question was imprinted in … Continue reading
Perfection is an unrealistic goal; but if all we ever strive to achieve is just what’s good enough, and sit back on our laurels once we’ve accomplished that, not only is perfection out of reach, excellence is, too. Continue reading
A couple of years ago, I had a minor epiphany about the Moon. I wrote a post about it at the time, called ‘How to tell at a glance if the Moon is waxing or waning‘. Since then, when I’ve seen … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Mind of Brosephus:
https://youtu.be/yRlvHYrXUTg I’m guessing that you’ve seen this video by now. If not, take a few minutes to listen or you can read the article about it that was posted on Mother Jones. Here’s…
The late Duke of Edinburgh, His Royal Highness Prince Philip, has now been laid to rest, and I trust that I’ve left it long enough that I won’t offend anyone by this post. A recent entry in ‘The Weekly Learn’ … Continue reading
Happy Earth Day 2021! World ‘leaders’ are meeting today and tomorrow for US President Biden’s ‘Leaders Summit on Climate‘. And there are several other ‘summits’ taking place to discuss this topic throughout the coming months, including the UK-hosted COP26 in … Continue reading