- Towel DayMay 25, 20238 months to go.
Join 1,494 other followers
- I found this really relaxing. Exactly what I needed right now!
- We are getting close to it being too late!
- There are far too many people on Spaceship Earth
- This page is intentionally blank
- Good news: wa’ mIn has been reunited with his family!
- It would seem that <wa’ mIn> has adopted me…
- Nature’s wonders are truly magnificent
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: GCD: Global climate disruption
Originally posted on Learning from Dogs:
As in we humans living on this planet. Next Saturday I am giving a talk to our local Freethinkers and Humanists group on climate change. As a result of this I was doing some…
Vast sums provide power to ‘buy every politician’ and delay action on climate crisis, says expert Courtesy of Guardian News & Media Ltdunder guardiansyndication Open Licence Terms The oil and gas industry has delivered $2.8bn (£2.3bn) a day in pure … Continue reading
There are still far too many in denial of reality. I’ve said it all before. I’m tired of being told I’m an ‘alarmist’. ‘Enjoy’ the heatwave, folks. And remember, from here on it only gets ‘better’.
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function. Professor Albert Bartlett (1923–2013) Ever since I first encountered this quote (in Professor Bartlett’s seminal lecture ‘Arithmetic, population and energy‘) I’ve been trying to think … Continue reading
Originally posted on Filosofa's Word:
The effects of climate change are predicted to bring us our hottest summer ever and one with even more hurricanes, tornadoes, and extreme wildfires than past years. We are told that we should expect…
by Dr Bob Rich Don’t reach for the thermostat yet. You can save a huge amount of electricity, gas, firewood or whatever your temperature-control energy source is and yet live a good life. Let me tell you a story. After … Continue reading
tl;dr: Just Say No. From birth to puberty, a hamster doubles its weight each week. If it didn’t stop when mature, as animals do, and continued to double on its first birthday, we would be staring at a nine billion … Continue reading
Readers of my wibblettes over the years may have got the impression that I’m not exactly a fan of advertising (and that would be right). Even when such ‘communications’ give an honest portrayal of the product or service on offer, … Continue reading
It’s perfectly natural – it’s built into our genes – to act to protect, as best we can, our progeny. But all creatures are related, interdependent; and cousins should be more kind to each other. The super-rich were the first … Continue reading
This news is half a year old. I don’t know about you, but I’ve seen nothing about it at all on mainstream media. (Could that possibly have anything to do with that being controlled by the same greedy lying folk … Continue reading