- Towel Day 2021May 25, 20219 days to go.
- Defeating the list block walloftext problem using CSS
- Should we use the dictionary?
- Adventures with a dumbphone: Chasing forest sarks
- Choose your battles wisely (especially when transcribing)
- Science friction for Star Wars Day!
- What really happens to your plastic recycling?
- How not to use technology to help with (machine) transcription
- Green Party 10-point climate plan
- Everything has its place
- On Earth Day, please choose to NOT cremate yourself
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Education
§ I tried to tell WordPress.com about this problem, but I was, sadly, unable to convince the ‘Happiness Engineer’ with whom I spoke that it was actually a bug that should be fixed. Who knows; maybe one day Someone Who … Continue reading
This is the third in my series of ‘Apps You Might Enjoy’, following on from my earlier posts about Morse Mania and Elevate: this one is about Duolingo, an app that was recommended to me by msjadeli. Duolingo – making … Continue reading
When I wibbled about machine transcription a few days ago, I concluded that it was perhaps still too much in its infancy to be of any use. However, I thought I would give it a second chance, as I’ve no … Continue reading
Many of us spend time carefully sorting our recycling. But what actually happens to the plastic waste we put out for collection? Greenpeace UK enlightened me on this subject a short while ago. There’s no WordPress ‘reblog’ button on their … Continue reading
Here’s the solution I came up with… I thought I’d share my experiences with the solution I’ve tried in the hope that it might enlighten others. On the face of it, it appears to be a quite straightforward process: Select … Continue reading
Happy Earth Day 2021! World ‘leaders’ are meeting today and tomorrow for US President Biden’s ‘Leaders Summit on Climate‘. And there are several other ‘summits’ taking place to discuss this topic throughout the coming months, including the UK-hosted COP26 in … Continue reading
There’s a famous song, written in 1988, that begins, “Here’s a little song I wrote”. I believe in giving credit where credit is due; here’s a miniquiz…. What was the name of this song’s writer? (a) Bobby McFerrin (1950–) (b) … Continue reading
I’ve been aware of the ‘Users’ option in the WordPress settings for many years. I looked into the facility when setting up the Multiphasic Phylarological University (a site that, unfortunately, I’ve never been able to find enough other interested parties … Continue reading