- Human Population Through Time
- Unwinding the Human Predicament
- Bacteria in Bottles – an example of Exponential Growth
- “If you Ignore the recent Warming, There’s Been No warming”: Deniers Go Full Arm-Wave on Hansen’s 1988 Predictions
- Join the Amazon Boycott!
- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- Please sign this petition!
- Being in the moment: in search of wu wei
- Swimmers is now open!
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Water
Further musings on the absurd antics of the dominant extant species on the only life-bearing planet known to said species. Continue reading
Humanity’s demands on our planet’s resources now exceeds nature’s ability to regenerate by a massive 50%. This means that we would need one and a half planet Earths to support humanity’s current ecological footprint. And — largely due to ignorance … Continue reading
With thanks to Echoes from a Pale Blue Dot, whose post ‘Too important to ignore!’ explains more: It’s good to see a message that makes it clear that mitigation and adaptation are complementary; though, personally, I would like to see … Continue reading
In the wake of Earth Hour on Saturday, here’s an appropriate post for All Fools’ Day. Although there are many things about which there is disagreement, there can be no argument that water is necessary for life. Humanity’s probes into … Continue reading
To: Poop John the First of the Church of the Holy Shitters From: A. Defaecator Your Holiness, You may recall that I petitioned you some weeks ago for permission to reproduce your August newsletter, which had been the cause of … Continue reading
I think that the above is a pretty good indication that now is the perfect time to declare A Large Crisis. In fact, if you’ve got a moment, it’s a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, twenty-four-hour … Continue reading
I heard the other day that the UK Conservative party is considering leaving the European Convention on Human Rights — the BBC quoted Theresa May earlier this month as saying that “it restricted the UK’s ability to act in the … Continue reading
Following on from my post the other day trying to do my little bit to promote: the Forward On Climate rally in Washington DC on 17Feb2013… Stepping Towards Sustainable Solutions pointed me to: an open letter to the President Of … Continue reading