- Towel DayMay 25, 20228 months to go.
- Confirmation that two-thirds of headline analyzers spout utter nonsense
- Some words, in memory of my father
- A unique opportunity (time-limited offer!)
- Pursue excellence – but accept that you’re only human
- Yes, it IS possible to embed hyperlinks in titles! (but there are caveats)
- Be on your guard: scammers are everywhere!
- Diving deep into the blogosphere
- It’s a mistake to anthropomorphise machines
- There is no ‘planet B’ – yet we’re using it already
- Experience the numinous total solar eclipse
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Tag Archives: environment
Happy§ Earth Overshoot Day! Time to celebrate: we’re now using almost three-quarters of ‘planet B’. Shame it doesn’t exist. Back in 2014, I wrote a set of edicts I would apply ‘If I ruled the world‘. One of those (#4) … Continue reading
Originally posted on Climate Denial Crock of the Week:
Climate change is not your fault. The fossil fuel industry has been spending a lot of money to subtly introduce the idea that if only you, just you, would change your…
Partial transcript: Richard Muller, Phd: I didn’t know whether global warming was real, whether it was completely bogus or maybe it was twice as bad as people said. So my daughter and I … decided we would set up a … Continue reading
Hat tip to Quakerattled (I recommend reading ‘Bill McKibben and 565 gigatons‘, from where I snitched the above video link).
While I agree that it’s important not to sweat the small stuff, I believe that it’s just as important to keep one’s eye on the ball and not lose sight of the wood for the trees.
We’re currently using 1.5 Earths; the only Planet B (and C) we currently know of are 1,200 light-years away… I saw the image above in the Earth Overshoot Day Media Backgrounder at Global Footprint Network and it made me wonder … Continue reading
About the film – Occupy Love
On the radio yesterday I heard the compère read out a tweet that described as ‘obscene’ the act of spending £10k£10m from the public purse on a funeral for the Iron Lady. (I agree with that stance myself; but then … Continue reading