- The trouble with plastic waste
- How to ensure that your blog lives forever
- Human Population Through Time
- Unwinding the Human Predicament
- Bacteria in Bottles – an example of Exponential Growth
- “If you Ignore the recent Warming, There’s Been No warming”: Deniers Go Full Arm-Wave on Hansen’s 1988 Predictions
- Join the Amazon Boycott!
- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- Please sign this petition!
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: crowdsourcing
Humanity’s demands on our planet’s resources now exceeds nature’s ability to regenerate by a massive 50%. This means that we would need one and a half planet Earths to support humanity’s current ecological footprint. And — largely due to ignorance … Continue reading
My silence here of late is largely due to the distressing feeling that not only is humanity heading, in lockstep, in entirely the wrong direction; we’re changing pace from a jog to a trot, chivvied along by blinkered politicos whose … Continue reading
About the film – Occupy Love
Don’t sweat the small stuff Such things do not matter; But a little can be enough: A flat-rate fee can flatter. Flattr: Small change, for big change. Heh. All my own words (the ones after the video!) OK, maybe I … Continue reading
Mixed metaphors can be fun. Me, I’d love to see an image depicting our society plummetting towards the edge of a cliff like lemmings in headless chicken mode. I’m almost tempted to take up the art of, err, ‘cartooning’ — … Continue reading
Annie Leonard still waves her hands around far too much for my liking, but once I get past that and listen to what she’s saying, I find she’s still speaking a whole lot of sense. Self-interest seems to be the … Continue reading
Shooting on JourneyQuest Season Two is scheduled to begin next month. It’s good to have something to look forward to 🙂 ONWARD!
Shamelessly copy-pasted from an email I’ve just received: Last May, inspired by 10:10, David Cameron and Chris Huhne pledged to cut central government carbon emissions by 10% in twelve months. The results were announced today: a 100,000 tonne decrease in … Continue reading
For your enjoyment, here is a YouTube playlist of the complete JourneyQuest Season One. (For obvious reasons, I’ll assume you’ve gone away, watched the whole thing — at least once — and have returned.) Now then, please, pay attention: JourneyQuest … Continue reading