- Towel DayMay 25, 20238 months to go.
Join 1,494 other followers
- I found this really relaxing. Exactly what I needed right now!
- We are getting close to it being too late!
- There are far too many people on Spaceship Earth
- This page is intentionally blank
- Good news: wa’ mIn has been reunited with his family!
- It would seem that <wa’ mIn> has adopted me…
- Nature’s wonders are truly magnificent
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Science
Derek Muller: I am at a gold mine a couple of hours outside of Melbourne because one kilometre underground they are putting in a detector to look for Dark Matter. Let’s go. It’s going to take 30 minutes to go … Continue reading
None of us will ever forget the day we saw it. Though we may live to regret having done so. We weren’t looking for it, as such – naturally not: why would one deliberately try to find something that can’t … Continue reading
The Sun is 400 times the size of the Moon. It is also 400 times farther away — so both Sun and Moon appear to be the same size. It hasn’t always been this way; the Moon is moving away … Continue reading
“When we already believe the world to be a certain way, then we interpret new experiences to fit with those beliefs, whether they actually do or not.” Thus spake Veritasium Veritasium: This video is about learning styles. What kind of … Continue reading
Originally posted on Adaptive Diversity:
Do marsupials even exist? The word of the year for 2016 is officially “post-truth.” It seems a lot of folks just don’t care very much for facts. Instead, they form beliefs based on subjective feelings…
A couple of years ago, I had a minor epiphany about the Moon. I wrote a post about it at the time, called ‘How to tell at a glance if the Moon is waxing or waning‘. Since then, when I’ve seen … Continue reading
Climate deniers will have a hard time explaining these to their grandchildren, the kids who are now woke to the disasters they’ve been served by blindness and greed. Astounding find by climatestate. Source: Climate Denial Crock of the Week I … Continue reading
Paul Handover of ‘Learning from Dogs’ pointed me to this important interview the other day. It stumbles and rambles a bit, but some interesting points are made, especially towards the end where the idea is raised that academia has been … Continue reading
Happy Earth Day 2021! World ‘leaders’ are meeting today and tomorrow for US President Biden’s ‘Leaders Summit on Climate‘. And there are several other ‘summits’ taking place to discuss this topic throughout the coming months, including the UK-hosted COP26 in … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bobbing Around:
“We’ve never backed a presidential candidate in our 175-year history — until now” This editorial from one of the world’s most respected journals is worth reading. Regardless of other matters that may influence your vote,…