- Towel DayMay 25, 20239 months to go.
Join 1,473 other followers
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- A unique opportunity (time-limited offer!)
- Revealed: oil sector’s ‘staggering’ $3bn-a-day profits for last 50 years
- We need to treat climate change as the emergency it is
- Republican Voices of Experience Speak Loudly
- The 4 r-s of sustainable usage
- The Absurd Search For Dark Matter
- Forward or Backward?
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Tag Archives: sustainability
Vast sums provide power to ‘buy every politician’ and delay action on climate crisis, says expert Courtesy of Guardian News & Media Ltdunder guardiansyndication Open Licence Terms The oil and gas industry has delivered $2.8bn (£2.3bn) a day in pure … Continue reading
A guest post by Bob Richoriginally posted on Bobbing Around 1. Refuse Do I need this thing? Can I continue with what I have? If it’s not satisfactory, can I live a good life and simply accept the imperfection, or … Continue reading
Spring has sprungThe grass is rizI wonder where dem boidies is?Some say da boid is on da wingBut dat’s absoid –I always thought da wing was on da boid… My Dad (1927–2012) 10 ways you can shape a brighter future … Continue reading
Half an hour from now, Caroline Lucas MP is scheduled to lead a Westminster Hall debate on ‘a Wellbeing Economy approach to meeting climate goals‘. I was invited to offer my thoughts to her on this topic (because I signed … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bobbing Around:
You’ve got to read this call to action from George Monbiot. He starts with what appears to be a technological approach: replace fossil fuels with electric, and all will be well. Those who pay attention…
Happy§ Earth Overshoot Day! Time to celebrate: we’re now using almost three-quarters of ‘planet B’. Shame it doesn’t exist. Back in 2014, I wrote a set of edicts I would apply ‘If I ruled the world‘. One of those (#4) … Continue reading
One of my very earliest wibblettes, back in 2007, was a simple rant about the very topic that ‘Veritasium’ expounds here. I’ve touched on the subject several times since (for instance in 2011, when I asked the question “Hey, clever … Continue reading
Every Earth Day I force myself to look at it. It sits in its place on the wall, oblivious to the new reality. A mute reminder of that time, long ago now; an epoch some consider to be the pinnacle … Continue reading
The illimitable ocean consists of drops of water. Each drop of water counts. When a myriad drops of water move in the same direction, there is the irresistible tide… Continue reading
Hat tip to Quakerattled (I recommend reading ‘Bill McKibben and 565 gigatons‘, from where I snitched the above video link).