- Towel DayMay 25, 20238 months to go.
Join 1,494 other followers
- I found this really relaxing. Exactly what I needed right now!
- We are getting close to it being too late!
- There are far too many people on Spaceship Earth
- This page is intentionally blank
- Good news: wa’ mIn has been reunited with his family!
- It would seem that <wa’ mIn> has adopted me…
- Nature’s wonders are truly magnificent
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Flash fiction
Back in 1982, or perhaps it was ’83, I was working on a short story; it was my first real attempt in my quest to ‘become a writer’. I wrote the story on my first computer (an Amstrad PCW), which … Continue reading
It’s perfectly natural – it’s built into our genes – to act to protect, as best we can, our progeny. But all creatures are related, interdependent; and cousins should be more kind to each other. The super-rich were the first … Continue reading
None of us will ever forget the day we saw it. Though we may live to regret having done so. We weren’t looking for it, as such – naturally not: why would one deliberately try to find something that can’t … Continue reading
Perfection is an unrealistic goal; but if all we ever strive to achieve is just what’s good enough, and sit back on our laurels once we’ve accomplished that, not only is perfection out of reach, excellence is, too. Continue reading
We sleep during the day, because anywhere but under the second skin it’s too hot to do anything else. At night we rise, to continue construction of The Project. Some talk of redefining the words ‘night’ and ‘day’ to reduce … Continue reading
“We’re going to need more men on this!” “Sir! Yes, sir!” The one that had spoken peeled away from the column and headed back to base, double time. The rest of them continued to reconnoitre. That boy will go far, … Continue reading
I’d been tracking this elusive character all over the world for two years now. Everywhere he hit, he left a photograph bearing the legend “always smile! PONY BROWN” as a calling card. After banging my head against the wall as … Continue reading
“No, it’s not the colour, the colour’s just fine.” “Is it the lights? I could add more lights.” “No, no… there are just the right number of lights.” “Too many fountains? Too few?” “That’s not it.” By this time, I … Continue reading
The old man in the shop in Turkey assured me that this camera was the best that money could buy. “It literally transports you back to where you were when the picture was taken,” he said to me, as I … Continue reading