- Towel Day 2021May 25, 202187 days to go.
- Adventures with a dumbphone: Morse Mania
- How to time travel using WordPress
- How to quote someone else’s words in a WordPress comment
- Scribble: Rant – No Variations on the Theme, revisited
- Scribble: Rant – No Variations on the Theme, redirector
- Goodbye, facebook — and, good riddance
- Bank of England: stop funding the climate crisis!
- Our Today is Forever, revisited
- What makes the number 61 special?
- Get my eBook for FREE today!
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Climate
tl;dr The UK is hosting the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference and has already enshrined a net zero carbon emissions target in law. Now is the time for the UK government to set a legally-binding tree planting target, in … Continue reading
It’s all about externalities. The price we pay for things rarely, if ever, reflects its true cost. Forests are vital for our survival – but that’s not stopping greedy supermarkets and fast food companies burning them down for profit. We … Continue reading
Since 2009, 19 banks — despite having policies on advancing human rights, sustainability, and climate change — have financed US$10 billion for approximately 155 million barrels of dirty crude destined for refineries in the United States. But they aren’t only … Continue reading
This twenty-five minute video clip has just turned my world upside down. In one of my earliest posts on this blog, way back in 2007, I marvelled at the splendour of the night sky, and concluded that with so very … Continue reading
We sleep during the day, because anywhere but under the second skin it’s too hot to do anything else. At night we rise, to continue construction of The Project. Some talk of redefining the words ‘night’ and ‘day’ to reduce … Continue reading
With thanks to Dr Bob Rich, for reminding me That we need to speak up for the truffula trees
Originally posted on Climate Denial Crock of the Week:
Climate change is not your fault. The fossil fuel industry has been spending a lot of money to subtly introduce the idea that if only you, just you, would change your…
Originally posted on robertscribbler:
As we stand in the grips of one major global crisis, one whose first wave of mass casualties may finally be starting a merciful down-slope (on April 27, 2020), it’s important not to lose sight of…