- Towel DayMay 25, 20238 months to go.
Join 1,494 other followers
- I found this really relaxing. Exactly what I needed right now!
- We are getting close to it being too late!
- There are far too many people on Spaceship Earth
- This page is intentionally blank
- Good news: wa’ mIn has been reunited with his family!
- It would seem that <wa’ mIn> has adopted me…
- Nature’s wonders are truly magnificent
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Climate
Originally posted on Learning from Dogs:
As in we humans living on this planet. Next Saturday I am giving a talk to our local Freethinkers and Humanists group on climate change. As a result of this I was doing some…
Vast sums provide power to ‘buy every politician’ and delay action on climate crisis, says expert Courtesy of Guardian News & Media Ltdunder guardiansyndication Open Licence Terms The oil and gas industry has delivered $2.8bn (£2.3bn) a day in pure … Continue reading
There are still far too many in denial of reality. I’ve said it all before. I’m tired of being told I’m an ‘alarmist’. ‘Enjoy’ the heatwave, folks. And remember, from here on it only gets ‘better’.
Overpopulation is a problem, but it’s not the biggest problem. The biggest problems are: 1) serious inequity in terms of the emissions generated by the most wealthy and 2) serious incompetence and corruption on the part of governmental institutions – most of which are in thrall to those in (1) Continue reading
We are on average, moving towards four degrees warming this century. And we haven’t been in a four-degree warmer world for the past four million years. So it’s not as if it’s a place we know very well. Johan Rockström … Continue reading
COP26 summarised in a haiku:
In Pandora’s Box
Hope’s frosty note lay unread:
“Down pub getting drunk.” Continue reading
Originally posted on Bobbing Around:
You’ve got to read this call to action from George Monbiot. He starts with what appears to be a technological approach: replace fossil fuels with electric, and all will be well. Those who pay attention…
“Man announces he will quit drinking by 2050”: A thoroughly brilliant parody of the COPout26 farce.
The author of this text (not me BTW) deserves much kudos; our Glorious World Leaders, on the other hand, badly need to stop shovelling horseshit. Continue reading
It’s time for action. We have no more time for ‘blah, blah, blah’. Continue reading
“When we already believe the world to be a certain way, then we interpret new experiences to fit with those beliefs, whether they actually do or not.” Thus spake Veritasium I had another post scheduled for today, but this one … Continue reading