- Towel Day 2021May 25, 20219 days to go.
- Defeating the list block walloftext problem using CSS
- Should we use the dictionary?
- Adventures with a dumbphone: Chasing forest sarks
- Choose your battles wisely (especially when transcribing)
- Science friction for Star Wars Day!
- What really happens to your plastic recycling?
- How not to use technology to help with (machine) transcription
- Green Party 10-point climate plan
- Everything has its place
- On Earth Day, please choose to NOT cremate yourself
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Environment
Many of us spend time carefully sorting our recycling. But what actually happens to the plastic waste we put out for collection? Greenpeace UK enlightened me on this subject a short while ago. There’s no WordPress ‘reblog’ button on their … Continue reading
Blatantly stolen from the Green Party 10-point climate plan: This is what real climate ambition looks like The Green Party has been proposing radical and necessary action on climate change for the past three decades. We were talking about these … Continue reading
Happy Earth Day 2021! World ‘leaders’ are meeting today and tomorrow for US President Biden’s ‘Leaders Summit on Climate‘. And there are several other ‘summits’ taking place to discuss this topic throughout the coming months, including the UK-hosted COP26 in … Continue reading
tl;dr Air pollution kills 64,000 people in the UK every year, yet the Government provides annual fossil fuel subsidies of £10.5 billion, according to the European Commission. To meet UK climate targets, the Government must end this practice and introduce … Continue reading
Research in 2019 by expert survey consultants Censuswide, commissioned and publicised by OVO Energy, revealed that more than 64m ‘unnecessary’ emails are sent every day. One result of this is the emission of nearly 23,500 tonnes of additional carbon, in … Continue reading
This heart-rending masterpiece of a video is a mash-up featuring the music of Queen (‘Who Wants to Live Forever?’). It was uploaded to YouTube over a decade ago (21May2010), yet in all that time it has garnered fewer than 50k … Continue reading
tl;dr The UK is hosting the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference and has already enshrined a net zero carbon emissions target in law. Now is the time for the UK government to set a legally-binding tree planting target, in … Continue reading
It’s all about externalities. The price we pay for things rarely, if ever, reflects its true cost. Forests are vital for our survival – but that’s not stopping greedy supermarkets and fast food companies burning them down for profit. We … Continue reading