- Towel Day 2021May 25, 202187 days to go.
- Adventures with a dumbphone: Morse Mania
- How to time travel using WordPress
- How to quote someone else’s words in a WordPress comment
- Scribble: Rant – No Variations on the Theme, revisited
- Scribble: Rant – No Variations on the Theme, redirector
- Goodbye, facebook — and, good riddance
- Bank of England: stop funding the climate crisis!
- Our Today is Forever, revisited
- What makes the number 61 special?
- Get my eBook for FREE today!
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Environment
This heart-rending masterpiece of a video is a mash-up featuring the music of Queen (‘Who Wants to Live Forever?’). It was uploaded to YouTube over a decade ago (21May2010), yet in all that time it has garnered fewer than 50k … Continue reading
tl;dr The UK is hosting the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference and has already enshrined a net zero carbon emissions target in law. Now is the time for the UK government to set a legally-binding tree planting target, in … Continue reading
It’s all about externalities. The price we pay for things rarely, if ever, reflects its true cost. Forests are vital for our survival – but that’s not stopping greedy supermarkets and fast food companies burning them down for profit. We … Continue reading
If we knew an asteroid were to hit the Earth on a certain day and wipe us out, we would mobilize every scientist, bureaucrat, CEO and soldier planet-wide to deal with it. Well, an equivalent disaster is headed our way, … Continue reading
Update 06Sep2020: The petition closed yesterday with 134,900 signatures — and so will be considered by UK Parliament for a debate…. Landed power, built on theft, slavery and colonial looting, crushes our freedoms. A new campaign seeks to decolonise the … Continue reading
Since 2009, 19 banks — despite having policies on advancing human rights, sustainability, and climate change — have financed US$10 billion for approximately 155 million barrels of dirty crude destined for refineries in the United States. But they aren’t only … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bobbing Around:
In 2003, the Japanese town, Kamikatsu, resolved to go waste-free by 2020. They did incredibly well, but couldn’t manage it. Why? The packaging industry makes it impossible. Please read this incisive short essay by Olivia…
We’ve never been here before. As I think the majority of us all aware, our world is facing a series of global crises, which include (but are not limited to): climate change the unremitting attack on the world’s rainforests the … Continue reading