- Towel DayMay 25, 20233 months to go.
Join 1,506 other subscribers
- Lord of the Dance
- Who wrote Robert Heinlein’s ‘The Door into Summer’?
- Illustrating exponential growth using movement towards a target, revisited
- Greta Thunberg says, “Enough is enough!”
- Does absolute power corrupt absolutely?
- The day I broke the machine
- Another year, another few bonsai pictures (2022)
- Feasons Bleatings
- Net Zero: the great con
- [SOLVED – finally!] Windows 10 installation has failed
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: balance
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing. Me, Just now† I received an email today, imploring me to sign yet another petition. Those tend to have little effect, but, still, we … Continue reading
It began with the forging of the Great Rings.Three were given to the elves; immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings.Seven to the dwarf lords; great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls.And nine: nine rings were gifted to the … Continue reading
I really don’t have time for this – too much else to do – but there’s very little that can possibly be more urgent. William Shatner, AKA Captain Kirk of the USS Enterprise, emailed me (well, OK, not personally, it … Continue reading
We are all inextricably linked: to each other; to all the other beings sharing our journey through the universe on Spaceship Earth; to every living thing; to our planet’s entire biosphere – and, indeed, to all of space, and all … Continue reading
George does it again, and inspires me. This great man should receive a Nobel Prize. A major means of humanity’s attack on nature is overfishing. The worst attack on land-based nature is agriculture — we do need to feed those … Continue reading
There are now eight billion of us on Spaceship Earth (and counting), and although it’s only a relatively small proportion of the total, a great many of our fellow travellers are undergoing tremendous suffering while the rest of us turn … Continue reading
In recent years I’ve come to fear marketing speak. Phrases such as ‘innovative software initiative’ send chills down my back and tend to make me break out in a cold sweat. Back in January I posted about the upcoming retirement … Continue reading
… who lack basic essentials such as water, food, shelter, friends – and empathy. Especially that last. (Human) population is a serious problem; mainly because it’s crowding out the other residents of ‘our’ planet. The more serious issue, though, is … Continue reading
There are still far too many in denial of reality. I’ve said it all before. I’m tired of being told I’m an ‘alarmist’. ‘Enjoy’ the heatwave, folks. And remember, from here on it only gets ‘better’.