- Towel DayMay 25, 20238 months to go.
Join 1,494 other followers
- I found this really relaxing. Exactly what I needed right now!
- We are getting close to it being too late!
- There are far too many people on Spaceship Earth
- This page is intentionally blank
- Good news: wa’ mIn has been reunited with his family!
- It would seem that <wa’ mIn> has adopted me…
- Nature’s wonders are truly magnificent
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: History
‘Blogging’ has been with us since the mid-1990s. At the start of the 21st Century, WordPress blogging began. Currently, about 7.5 million blog posts are written every single day — and the trend is upward. The ‘official’ view of the … Continue reading
Happy§ Earth Overshoot Day! Time to celebrate: we’re now using almost three-quarters of ‘planet B’. Shame it doesn’t exist. Back in 2014, I wrote a set of edicts I would apply ‘If I ruled the world‘. One of those (#4) … Continue reading
The late Duke of Edinburgh, His Royal Highness Prince Philip, has now been laid to rest, and I trust that I’ve left it long enough that I won’t offend anyone by this post. A recent entry in ‘The Weekly Learn’ … Continue reading
Good riddance to bad rubbish.May he disappear (just as he promised he would!) And may the lessons learned never be forgotten.
“Two weeks” has been one of the themes of T****’s term in office. Taxes, wiretapping, infrastructure, the Paris Accords, ISIS, the new healthcare plan, minimum wage plan, COVID-19 vaccines… and ‘proof of widespread election fraud’; all of these things have … Continue reading
Disclaimer: this lecture is actually entitled ‘The Age of Exploration’, but I think my title is more appropriate. Let’s make a planet in which nobody is starving. Let’s make a planet in which men and women have equal access to … Continue reading
Parliament debated this petition on 19Apr2021 The government maintains that the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts (PCSC) Bill is designed to criminalise the act of trespassing when making an unauthorised encampment, and would not criminalise the act of trespass itself. … Continue reading
It is, quite simply, a question of numbers. There are more people now. QED. Oh: you want more? More people means more resources required to satisfy the problems that the increased population creates. Each person in government represents a certain … Continue reading
An old grandfather said to his grandson, who came to him with anger at a friend who had done him an injustice, “Let me tell you a story. “I too, at times, have felt a great hate for those that … Continue reading