- How to tell at a glance if the Moon is waxing or waning
- The trouble with plastic waste
- How to ensure that your blog lives forever
- Human Population Through Time
- Unwinding the Human Predicament
- Bacteria in Bottles – an example of Exponential Growth
- “If you Ignore the recent Warming, There’s Been No warming”: Deniers Go Full Arm-Wave on Hansen’s 1988 Predictions
- Join the Amazon Boycott!
- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Poetry
The Long Slow Goodbye Our world is dying. We are killing it. We pride ourselves on our adaptability, Yet we are locked in an anachronistic worldview: One that deludes us into believing That what once was will ever be. It’s … Continue reading
Gaia, swirling heaven. Mankind blossoms, then explodes; the end: just deserts?
It’s sad but true that one can be Adept at counting numbers, Yet at the same time fail to see Which ones make up the wonders. All things in life may be defined As strings of ones and zeroes. Discernment … Continue reading
There once was just this little bard who dreamt of being great. A tale begins. Words on an empty slate Advent’rous soul, explorer, he set foot upon the path. The way unclear; could not see far sought wisdom from a … Continue reading
Murder one? Slung inside. Poison hundreds? Genocide. Slaughter thousands? National pride. Personal bankrupt? Gee, that’s tough. Enterprise dies? Not good enough. Massive layoffs? Feed at the trough.
The voice of reason… it makes perfect sense: when you can’t win, distract the audience.
Earnt through sweat and worry, Beer tokens flow: Out and in, Down and up. Decade-spanning cycles Seem to merrily move; The misery of the downs Lost in distant fog. Folding paper, Chinking coins Representing… What? Stored labour? Money is power. … Continue reading
We are all agreed The Big One says build fences Protection needed. Hide behind the fence Bar enemy from crossing Shoot first, ask later. Defense is offense. Protection is illusion. Tear down the fences. Step outside yourself Pretend you are another We … Continue reading
Progress? Define, please. Interminably exchanging emails As both sides miscommunicate; Pick up the phone to talk? Unbelievably passé. Reams and reams stand by To one side of the paperless office; While printers a degree require To double-side copies acquire. Desktop … Continue reading