This heart-rending masterpiece of a video is a mash-up featuring the music of Queen (‘Who Wants to Live Forever?’). It was uploaded to YouTube over a decade ago (21May2010), yet in all that time it has garnered fewer than 50k views — and a paltry couple of hundred ‘thumbs-up’!
I posted this video on Wibble once before, three days after it was uploaded to YouTube. I gave it no introduction as I thought (and still think) that its message is loud enough on its own.
That post received no likes, no comments, no reblogs.
When trivial memes go viral but important matters such as highlighting the evils of toxic plastic stuff are sidelined and ignored, it really makes me ashamed to be a member of the human race.
I beg of you, please: watch the video, take the pledge against single-use plastic, and, if you can agree to abide by the following commitment, consider joining the Plastic Pollution Coalition (the video’s sponsor).
The Plastic Pollution Coalition asks all coalition members to share the following commitment:
- To work toward a vision of a world free of plastic pollution
- To work toward eliminating single-use and disposable plastics
- To support initiatives to reduce the plastic footprint in your community
- To act as a resource for other members of the coalition
- To share your plans with friends and family to eliminate the use of plastic
- To help recruit new members to the coalition in order to keep new ideas flowing
Please join me in my quest to boost this video’s message; it’s an easy way to show you care about the future of the planet we all share!