- Towel DayMay 25, 20233 months to go.
Join 1,506 other subscribers
- Lord of the Dance
- Who wrote Robert Heinlein’s ‘The Door into Summer’?
- Illustrating exponential growth using movement towards a target, revisited
- Greta Thunberg says, “Enough is enough!”
- Does absolute power corrupt absolutely?
- The day I broke the machine
- Another year, another few bonsai pictures (2022)
- Feasons Bleatings
- Net Zero: the great con
- [SOLVED – finally!] Windows 10 installation has failed
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Communication
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function. Professor Albert Bartlett (1923–2013) Back in May, I used a series of photos taken at regular intervals along a footpath in an attempt to illustrate … Continue reading
I really don’t have time for this – too much else to do – but there’s very little that can possibly be more urgent. William Shatner, AKA Captain Kirk of the USS Enterprise, emailed me (well, OK, not personally, it … Continue reading
Following on from last week’s wibblette, my intent with this one is to try to persuade you to consider using tools other than the ones that you probably use because everyone else does (apologies if that’s not the case). There … Continue reading
Originally posted on Learning from Dogs:
As in we humans living on this planet. Next Saturday I am giving a talk to our local Freethinkers and Humanists group on climate change. As a result of this I was doing some…
I was going to simply add an addendum to last week’s wibblette to announce the good news… but then I realised that a better choice would be to make a separate post about it, as this would make it more … Continue reading
Vast sums provide power to ‘buy every politician’ and delay action on climate crisis, says expert Courtesy of Guardian News & Media Ltdunder guardiansyndication Open Licence Terms The oil and gas industry has delivered $2.8bn (£2.3bn) a day in pure … Continue reading
There are still far too many in denial of reality. I’ve said it all before. I’m tired of being told I’m an ‘alarmist’. ‘Enjoy’ the heatwave, folks. And remember, from here on it only gets ‘better’.