- Towel DayMay 25, 20238 months to go.
Join 1,494 other followers
- I found this really relaxing. Exactly what I needed right now!
- We are getting close to it being too late!
- There are far too many people on Spaceship Earth
- This page is intentionally blank
- Good news: wa’ mIn has been reunited with his family!
- It would seem that <wa’ mIn> has adopted me…
- Nature’s wonders are truly magnificent
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Communication
Originally posted on Learning from Dogs:
As in we humans living on this planet. Next Saturday I am giving a talk to our local Freethinkers and Humanists group on climate change. As a result of this I was doing some…
I was going to simply add an addendum to last week’s wibblette to announce the good news… but then I realised that a better choice would be to make a separate post about it, as this would make it more … Continue reading
Vast sums provide power to ‘buy every politician’ and delay action on climate crisis, says expert Courtesy of Guardian News & Media Ltdunder guardiansyndication Open Licence Terms The oil and gas industry has delivered $2.8bn (£2.3bn) a day in pure … Continue reading
There are still far too many in denial of reality. I’ve said it all before. I’m tired of being told I’m an ‘alarmist’. ‘Enjoy’ the heatwave, folks. And remember, from here on it only gets ‘better’.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle (c.1790–1866) The other morning, the … Continue reading
by Dr Bob Rich Word is the most commonly used word processor program, and yet many people have difficulties with its basic features. A very experienced writer in a group I belong to complained that he hates having to put … Continue reading
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function. Professor Albert Bartlett (1923–2013) Ever since I first encountered this quote (in Professor Bartlett’s seminal lecture ‘Arithmetic, population and energy‘) I’ve been trying to think … Continue reading
Towel Day is just over a week away! Gery Deer, Towel Day Ambassador for 2022, has launched a literacy initiative to raise funds to help improve reading skills. Literacy is the silver bullet to poverty, ignorance, and socioeconomic issues. Gery … Continue reading