- Towel Day 2021May 25, 202133 days to go.
- On Earth Day, please choose to NOT cremate yourself
- UK government: please introduce charges on carbon emissions
- Towel Day 2021 kicks off in 101010* days
- Think before you thank?
- Who wrote the song “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”?
- Creating content collaboratively
- Get my eBook for FREE, All Fools Day 2021
- A belated ‘thank you!’ to my friend Dr Bob Rich
- “Believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear”
- Petition for a UK national citizens’ assembly (PR2028)
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Computers and Internet
I’ve been aware of the ‘Users’ option in the WordPress settings for many years. I looked into the facility when setting up the Multiphasic Phylarological University (a site that, unfortunately, I’ve never been able to find enough other interested parties … Continue reading
Dear Bob, In March last year, I believed that nobody else was going to blow my trumpet, so I’d have to do it myself. Thank you for proving me wrong! My tardiness in responding to the email you sent me … Continue reading
The Dumbest Blog Ever§ recently highlighted that ‘together, Apple and Google phones account for 99% of the smartphone market in the US‘. I avoided the dumbphone trap myself for years, relying on a ‘burner’ phone that did only what it … Continue reading
A year ago, almost to the day§, I wibbled about crowdsourcing blog maintenance. Here’s the rationale behind the concept: I bet your blog is like mine in that it has lots of new posts going on the top which get … Continue reading
A couple of people (Sam “Goldie” Kirk and… someone else, whose comment I’m unfortunately unable to find) have asked me how I quote others’ words in WordPress comments, so I thought I’d pen a quick blogette about it. For many … Continue reading
[Addendum 27Feb2021: The Juice Media’s latest video adds further context. It looks more and more like my first knee-jerk response to the news was ill-informed. That still doesn’t affect my decision to leave faecesbook; two evils don’t make a good.] … Continue reading
Dear Sir or Madam, First of all, please accept my apology for the fact that I have been so curmudgeonly of late. I attribute this to an ear infection that has been causing me grief for the last few days. … Continue reading
A few weeks ago — 20Jan2021 to be precise — I encountered a problem with Windows Update: an optional, but ‘recommended’, update that, according to the ‘help’ article about it, should have installed automatically without my intervention. I searched for … Continue reading