- Towel DayMay 25, 20238 months to go.
Join 1,494 other followers
- I found this really relaxing. Exactly what I needed right now!
- We are getting close to it being too late!
- There are far too many people on Spaceship Earth
- This page is intentionally blank
- Good news: wa’ mIn has been reunited with his family!
- It would seem that <wa’ mIn> has adopted me…
- Nature’s wonders are truly magnificent
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Health
… who lack basic essentials such as water, food, shelter, friends – and empathy. Especially that last. (Human) population is a serious problem; mainly because it’s crowding out the other residents of ‘our’ planet. The more serious issue, though, is … Continue reading
It’s not just the big things; the little things matter, too. The UK is suffering from a litter epidemic. 226 million cigarette butts are discarded in England every year. £1 billion – the estimated cost of picking up litter in … Continue reading
by Dr Bob Rich Don’t reach for the thermostat yet. You can save a huge amount of electricity, gas, firewood or whatever your temperature-control energy source is and yet live a good life. Let me tell you a story. After … Continue reading
Originally posted on Fat Guy Workout:
This image is made by The candy as a sweet gesture Today is Earth Day and I am bringing you a very special blog to draw your attention to this important day. I will…
Spring has sprungThe grass is rizI wonder where dem boidies is?Some say da boid is on da wingBut dat’s absoid –I always thought da wing was on da boid… My Dad (1927–2012) 10 ways you can shape a brighter future … Continue reading
Just yesterday (as I write this, on 04Mar2022) a ginormous bumblebee buzzed past me, and said, “Spring is coming!” Well, not literally, but the message was clear. It reminded me of the fact that ‘our’ planet’s bee population is in … Continue reading
With the COP26 climate summit due to kick off in Glasgow on Sunday, here’s a stark warning of what the future holds in store for us all if our global ‘leaders’ fail to come through (as I fully expect them … Continue reading
“When we already believe the world to be a certain way, then we interpret new experiences to fit with those beliefs, whether they actually do or not.” Thus spake Veritasium I had another post scheduled for today, but this one … Continue reading
This is the third in my series of ‘Apps You Might Enjoy’, following on from my earlier posts about Morse Mania and Elevate: this one is about Duolingo, an app that was recommended to me by msjadeli. Duolingo – making … Continue reading
Many of us spend time carefully sorting our recycling. But what actually happens to the plastic waste we put out for collection? Greenpeace UK enlightened me on this subject a short while ago. There’s no WordPress ‘reblog’ button on their … Continue reading