- Towel Day 2021May 25, 20219 days to go.
- Defeating the list block walloftext problem using CSS
- Should we use the dictionary?
- Adventures with a dumbphone: Chasing forest sarks
- Choose your battles wisely (especially when transcribing)
- Science friction for Star Wars Day!
- What really happens to your plastic recycling?
- How not to use technology to help with (machine) transcription
- Green Party 10-point climate plan
- Everything has its place
- On Earth Day, please choose to NOT cremate yourself
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Business
The perception, the ‘ideal’ and… the reality. If democracy had teeth, the 1% would be quaking in their boots instead of laughing all the way to the bank. Eight years ago, almost to the day, I reblogged a post by … Continue reading
tl;dr: Here are the links to the petitions by Positive Money, 350.org and SumOfUs; please pick just one and add your name before 24Feb2021. These three organisations are running the same petition; current signature counts as I write this are … Continue reading
Dear Sir or Madam, First of all, please accept my apology for the fact that I have been so curmudgeonly of late. I attribute this to an ear infection that has been causing me grief for the last few days. … Continue reading
Originally posted on Cynthia Kaufman:
As the U.S. begins to reopen after being shut down to protect us from spreading Covid-19, many people are beginning to talk about a choice between what is good for the economy and what will…
Originally posted on Climate Denial Crock of the Week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvAioTuGCkQ CBS News: One of the main arguments against taking action on climate change has always been that it’s too expensive. But new research finds just the opposite: We can’t afford not to. …
What happens after the coronavirus threat has passed? The government has decided — on our behalf, in theory — to implement a measure that threatens to plunge us back into a period of ‘austerity’ to recoup the losses we’ve incurred … Continue reading
This fifteen minute video details what the oil industry has known, for decades, about how its activities would affect the planet — and what they did about it. Their activities were profoundly successful, as evidenced by the multitudes who are, … Continue reading
In my reblog of Paul Handover’s post a couple of days ago I made a comment about the ‘psychopathic creed of the corporations: profit at any cost‘. I’d like to back that up with some facts…. Here’s a definition of … Continue reading
Originally posted on Learning from Dogs:
A very powerful essay from George Monbiot. Today and tomorrow I am posting essays that have nothing to do with dogs! Today, I am sharing George’s gloom about the future, tomorrow I am sharing…