- Human Population Through Time
- Unwinding the Human Predicament
- Bacteria in Bottles – an example of Exponential Growth
- “If you Ignore the recent Warming, There’s Been No warming”: Deniers Go Full Arm-Wave on Hansen’s 1988 Predictions
- Join the Amazon Boycott!
- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- Please sign this petition!
- Being in the moment: in search of wu wei
- Swimmers is now open!
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Ludditis
Bhavik Naik over at Bhavik’s Blurs introduced me to ‘Google Duplex‘ the other day, in a post entitled ‘Is Google taking it too far?‘ Here’s a four minute video demonstration of Google Duplex in action: Pretty impressive, no? As well … Continue reading
A few years ago I wrote a blog post on the topic of the total muddle that’s caused by the lack of a commonly accepted standard date format. Today, I’m going to waffle on about something similar. Before standard time … Continue reading
… than to believe that what was once free would stay free, without a contract signed in blood. I’ve been away a while now, and what do I find when I drop by? Most of the imagery on my blog … Continue reading
Those of you who have been following my puerile witterings here from the early days of ‘Wibble’ may recall that, back in 2007, I underwent the throes of converting my fingers from <spit> QWERTY to the vastly superior keyboard layout … Continue reading
I would like to refer you back to the second video clip on ‘We are what we do‘, the one entitled ‘Arctic Death Spiral and the Methane Time Bomb’. It’s a bit long by today’s go-faster standards: well over an … Continue reading
I wouldn’t say that I’ve had my head in the sand in recent months, but I will admit that I’ve been less actively seeking to educate myself about the triple whammy threat of climate change, overpopulation and peak everything. My … Continue reading
You may want to click on the image below for a better view. I sincerely hope you do, rather than linger here. If you haven’t yet followed the link to add your voice to object to the rug being pulled … Continue reading
I’ve been against the idea of tinkering with genes to create new things for people to eat for some considerable millennia (or so it seems). My objection is quite simple: though they may believe that they are, most humans aren’t … Continue reading
Originally posted on Climate Denial Crock of the Week:
A harrowing, brutally stated TED presentation by Grist’s Dave Roberts at Evergreen State – powerfully set to music and video by Ryan Cooper. Great job. Reminds us all of why we…