- Towel DayMay 25, 20228 months to go.
- Confirmation that two-thirds of headline analyzers spout utter nonsense
- Some words, in memory of my father
- A unique opportunity (time-limited offer!)
- Pursue excellence – but accept that you’re only human
- Yes, it IS possible to embed hyperlinks in titles! (but there are caveats)
- Be on your guard: scammers are everywhere!
- Diving deep into the blogosphere
- It’s a mistake to anthropomorphise machines
- There is no ‘planet B’ – yet we’re using it already
- Experience the numinous total solar eclipse
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Tag Archives: cognition
Originally posted on Adaptive Diversity:
Do marsupials even exist? The word of the year for 2016 is officially “post-truth.” It seems a lot of folks just don’t care very much for facts. Instead, they form beliefs based on subjective feelings…
This is the third in my series of ‘Apps You Might Enjoy’, following on from my earlier posts about Morse Mania and Elevate: this one is about Duolingo, an app that was recommended to me by msjadeli. Duolingo – making … Continue reading
The perception, the ‘ideal’ and… the reality. If democracy had teeth, the 1% would be quaking in their boots instead of laughing all the way to the bank. Eight years ago, almost to the day, I reblogged a post by … Continue reading
There’s a serious amount of dross in the ‘Play Store’, but there are some real gems in there too. My plan is to offer some thoughts about Apps You Might Enjoy; this is the second in that series, following on … Continue reading
With a hat tip to Fandango’s Friday Flashback, here we are, albeit a day late, with a post of mine from eight years ago today. There’s nothing special about ‘eight years’; it’s simply that, of all the fourth of April … Continue reading
The idea of gaining acceptance for a change of species name for humanity is all but impossible — and yet, at the same time, totally necessary. Continue reading
While I agree that it’s important not to sweat the small stuff, I believe that it’s just as important to keep one’s eye on the ball and not lose sight of the wood for the trees.