- The trouble with plastic waste
- How to ensure that your blog lives forever
- Human Population Through Time
- Unwinding the Human Predicament
- Bacteria in Bottles – an example of Exponential Growth
- “If you Ignore the recent Warming, There’s Been No warming”: Deniers Go Full Arm-Wave on Hansen’s 1988 Predictions
- Join the Amazon Boycott!
- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- Please sign this petition!
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: cognitive dissonance
It took 200,000 years for our human population to reach 1 billion — and only 200 years to reach 7 billion.
The illimitable ocean consists of drops of water. Each drop of water counts. When a myriad drops of water move in the same direction, there is the irresistible tide… Continue reading
Further musings on the absurd antics of the dominant extant species on the only life-bearing planet known to said species. Continue reading
Who controls the money supply? This is a fascinating subject. Incredibly, while people believe that they understand how money works, the vast majority don’t appreciate the reality. The documentary ‘97% Owned‘ (below) highlights the fact that if we continue as … Continue reading
Originally posted on VIVID:
In the same week that my 16 year old son began assessing his options for subjects and sixth form colleges for next year, his 11 year old brother made a bold but flawed attempt to bunk…
My silence here of late is largely due to the distressing feeling that not only is humanity heading, in lockstep, in entirely the wrong direction; we’re changing pace from a jog to a trot, chivvied along by blinkered politicos whose … Continue reading
United Nations conference on environment and development Rio de Janeiro 3-14 June 1992 Severn Suzuki: Coming up here today, I have no hidden agenda. I am fighting for my future. I am here to speak for all generations to come. … Continue reading
About the film – Occupy Love