- Towel DayMay 25, 20238 months to go.
Join 1,494 other followers
- I found this really relaxing. Exactly what I needed right now!
- We are getting close to it being too late!
- There are far too many people on Spaceship Earth
- This page is intentionally blank
- Good news: wa’ mIn has been reunited with his family!
- It would seem that <wa’ mIn> has adopted me…
- Nature’s wonders are truly magnificent
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: art
Back in 1982, or perhaps it was ’83, I was working on a short story; it was my first real attempt in my quest to ‘become a writer’. I wrote the story on my first computer (an Amstrad PCW), which … Continue reading
I saw this on Twitter today, and thought it was a fabulous ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ photograph. As I didn’t want to risk it getting buried and forgotten on my hard drive, I asked the artist (@lacharpenta) if I could post it here, … Continue reading
Three days shy of a decade ago, I published a post entitled ‘A little perspective for the new year‘, which featured ‘The Galaxy Song’ from Monty Python‘s The Meaning of Life. I considered waiting another three days before posting this … Continue reading
This is the third in my series of ‘Apps You Might Enjoy’, following on from my earlier posts about Morse Mania and Elevate: this one is about Duolingo, an app that was recommended to me by msjadeli. Duolingo – making … Continue reading
When I wibbled about machine transcription a few days ago, I concluded that it was perhaps still too much in its infancy to be of any use. However, I thought I would give it a second chance, as I’ve no … Continue reading
Tell your uncle if he gets a translator, be sure it speaks Bocce. Beru Whitesun Lars, Star Wars Episode IV, “A New Hope” In honour of C-3PO, to whom Bocce was like a second language, I was originally going to … Continue reading
I’ve transcribed several videos here on Wibble. The most recent example was a short while ago: four-and-a-half minutes of Richard Dawkins talking about Douglas Adams. And almost immediately, Goldie blew my mind with a brilliant comment, asking whether I’d used … Continue reading
There’s a famous song, written in 1988, that begins, “Here’s a little song I wrote”. I believe in giving credit where credit is due; here’s a miniquiz…. What was the name of this song’s writer? (a) Bobby McFerrin (1950–) (b) … Continue reading
Dear Bob, In March last year, I believed that nobody else was going to blow my trumpet, so I’d have to do it myself. Thank you for proving me wrong! My tardiness in responding to the email you sent me … Continue reading
There’s a serious amount of dross in the ‘Play Store’, but there are some real gems in there too. My plan is to offer some thoughts about Apps You Might Enjoy; this is the second in that series, following on … Continue reading