- Towel Day 2021May 25, 20219 days to go.
- Defeating the list block walloftext problem using CSS
- Should we use the dictionary?
- Adventures with a dumbphone: Chasing forest sarks
- Choose your battles wisely (especially when transcribing)
- Science friction for Star Wars Day!
- What really happens to your plastic recycling?
- How not to use technology to help with (machine) transcription
- Green Party 10-point climate plan
- Everything has its place
- On Earth Day, please choose to NOT cremate yourself
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Tag Archives: Wordpress
I’ve been aware of the ‘Users’ option in the WordPress settings for many years. I looked into the facility when setting up the Multiphasic Phylarological University (a site that, unfortunately, I’ve never been able to find enough other interested parties … Continue reading
Sam “Goldie” Kirk posed some questions in response to my recent ‘How to’ post about images. Here, I aim to explain more clearly how to link a small image in a post to a larger one, using the classic editor. … Continue reading
Update 14Oct2020: Oh, dear. My environment has been reverted from ‘classic’ to ‘block’ again. I guess what the ‘Happiness Engineer’ did back in August didn’t stick. *sigh* Update 21Aug2020: Something’s broken. The advice I give below no longer works. I … Continue reading
Originally posted on ThoughtsnLifeBlog:
AHHH why are WordPress.com forcing us to go the the Block Editor on the 1st June 2020. Well, I am sure you know the reason why. If you are feeling daunted by this, and nervous, do…
Well, this is a pain. By ‘this’, I mean the new WordPress editor. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love youngsters. I can’t eat more than one at a sitting, though. My theory — which is mine — is that … Continue reading
Well, this is a blow. I’ve been using this same WordPress editing interface for the past decade, and it works fine. I’ve just found out that it’s apparently being withdrawn, and we’re all being forced to move to the new … Continue reading
Hitting the ‘Reblog’ button (assuming that it’s enabled on the site) allows republication of a blog article on your blog. By default, a reblog is categorized in the really useful (not) category ‘uncategorized’, so for best results it’s a good … Continue reading