- Towel DayMay 25, 20223 months to go.
- The Encroaching Dark (be warned: this is pretty bleak)
- Climate change: it wasn’t me, it was the other fellah
- Greens celebrate House of Lords defeat of draconian government ideas
- Oligarchy: a sickness at the heart of British democracy
- Alert: Win8.1 support ends one year from today!
- My dirty new hobby
- The Galaxy Song, revisited
- Get my eBook for FREE, Boxing Day 2021
- God rest ye merry, gentlemen
- Another year, another few bonsai pictures
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Tag Archives: Monty Python
Three days shy of a decade ago, I published a post entitled ‘A little perspective for the new year‘, which featured ‘The Galaxy Song’ from Monty Python‘s The Meaning of Life. I considered waiting another three days before posting this … Continue reading
I’ve transcribed several videos here on Wibble. The most recent example was a short while ago: four-and-a-half minutes of Richard Dawkins talking about Douglas Adams. And almost immediately, Goldie blew my mind with a brilliant comment, asking whether I’d used … Continue reading
In my garden, there’s a pond. The pond currently has lots of tadpoles in it. Now, back in February I heard the frogs doing their ‘ribbit’ thing, so I knew that they were having fun, and I expected to see … Continue reading
Monty Python’s Life of Brian scene 9: Brian Learns to Conjugate. I love the way Brian narrowly avoids heading off to an earlier crucifixion than the plot calls for because he initially gives what turns out to be the right … Continue reading
Just remember that you’re standing on a planet that’s evolvingand revolving at 900 miles an hour;That’s orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it’s reckoned,A sun that is the source of all our power.The sun, and you and me, and … Continue reading
Consider the lily, in the field. Consider the birds. Have they got jobs? The point is: they do alright, don’t they? and you’re much more important than they are.* So, what are you worrying about? * I’m not.