- Majestic sunrise
- ‘Social’ media doesn’t recognise death
- Have I been pwned?
- I should have known better…
- Here’s a question that really matters…
- Not with a whimper, but with a bang
- Support the Dark Snow 2016 Field Campaign
- Bill Maher on new rules for old fools
- How to make your own Dvorak keyboard from a QWERTY one
- JourneyQuest 3: Return of the Lactomancer
- ... wait, what? Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy Food GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy Tributes
Tag Archives: energy
Further musings on the absurd antics of the dominant extant species on the only life-bearing planet known to said species. Continue reading
I recently became a member of Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR) — you, too, can join. Their communication feed may be a bit long in the tooth (but don’t knock it, it works!). I received the appeal below, which is … Continue reading
I feel ironically compelled to use electricity copy-typing words printed on a fragment of a dead tree I received from Greenpeace a while ago, thus generating more carbon dioxide… ‘We want to claim the Arctic region for all mankind’ Throughout … Continue reading
which was in response to: Thanks (again) to Christine.
With thanks to Christine.
Thanks to Sakis Koukouvis, I’ve just learned about a breakthrough in artificial photosynthesis achieved by researchers headed by Professor Sun at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm, Sweden. The researchers have designed a molecular catalyst able to convert … Continue reading
The most powerful man on the planet is often said to be the President of the United States of America. And yet, where it truly counts, President Barack Obama is powerless. I believe that the 44th US President entered office … Continue reading