- Towel DayMay 25, 20239 months to go.
Join 1,473 other followers
- Who wants to be an unpaid billboard?
- The Grassroots Manifesto, by Don Lubov
- Don’t trash our future
- A unique opportunity (time-limited offer!)
- Revealed: oil sector’s ‘staggering’ $3bn-a-day profits for last 50 years
- We need to treat climate change as the emergency it is
- Republican Voices of Experience Speak Loudly
- The 4 r-s of sustainable usage
- The Absurd Search For Dark Matter
- Forward or Backward?
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Science Fiction Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Tag Archives: Earth Overshoot Day
Happy§ Earth Overshoot Day! Time to celebrate: we’re now using almost three-quarters of ‘planet B’. Shame it doesn’t exist. Back in 2014, I wrote a set of edicts I would apply ‘If I ruled the world‘. One of those (#4) … Continue reading
If we knew an asteroid were to hit the Earth on a certain day and wipe us out, we would mobilize every scientist, bureaucrat, CEO and soldier planet-wide to deal with it. Well, an equivalent disaster is headed our way, … Continue reading
You heard it here first. Back in June 2013 I conducted a poll right here on Wibble, asking readers to guess when Earth Overshoot Day would happen. It looks like the folks at the Global Footprint Network have taken a … Continue reading