- Towel Day 2021May 25, 20219 days to go.
- Defeating the list block walloftext problem using CSS
- Should we use the dictionary?
- Adventures with a dumbphone: Chasing forest sarks
- Choose your battles wisely (especially when transcribing)
- Science friction for Star Wars Day!
- What really happens to your plastic recycling?
- How not to use technology to help with (machine) transcription
- Green Party 10-point climate plan
- Everything has its place
- On Earth Day, please choose to NOT cremate yourself
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Tag Archives: action
The following is a verbatim message I received from 350.org (‘an international movement of ordinary people working to end the age of fossil fuels and build a world of community-led renewable energy for all’). I don’t normally post such; but … Continue reading
Originally posted on Climate Denial Crock of the Week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvAioTuGCkQ CBS News: One of the main arguments against taking action on climate change has always been that it’s too expensive. But new research finds just the opposite: We can’t afford not to. …
‘Earth hug day‘: 12 December 2014. who has supported you all your life without asking for anything in return? fresh air, clear water, food, stability and unconditional love… the earth provides. the earth cares. the earth loves! it’s about time … Continue reading
Following on from my post the other day trying to do my little bit to promote: the Forward On Climate rally in Washington DC on 17Feb2013… Stepping Towards Sustainable Solutions pointed me to: an open letter to the President Of … Continue reading
From the video above, Bill McKibben, commenting on the fact that half of the North polar ice cap is ‘missing’ as a direct result of our fossoil addiction: We have taken one of the Earth’s great physical features — and … Continue reading
Mixed metaphors can be fun. Me, I’d love to see an image depicting our society plummetting towards the edge of a cliff like lemmings in headless chicken mode. I’m almost tempted to take up the art of, err, ‘cartooning’ — … Continue reading
Annie Leonard still waves her hands around far too much for my liking, but once I get past that and listen to what she’s saying, I find she’s still speaking a whole lot of sense. Self-interest seems to be the … Continue reading
Time for action. Sign the pledge.