- Human Population Through Time
- Unwinding the Human Predicament
- Bacteria in Bottles – an example of Exponential Growth
- “If you Ignore the recent Warming, There’s Been No warming”: Deniers Go Full Arm-Wave on Hansen’s 1988 Predictions
- Join the Amazon Boycott!
- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- Please sign this petition!
- Being in the moment: in search of wu wei
- Swimmers is now open!
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Games
For two hundred thousand years, humanity trundled along. And then the industrial revolution happened — and things took off… I recall, as a young boy, watching the Apollo 11 Moon landing. I remember looking forward to the day when I … Continue reading
Yes, it makes no sense. If everything we know and love will come crashing down around us, what’s the point? Nevertheless, it has to be… 3,252 backers $254,717 pledged of $420,000 goal 3 days to go JourneyQuest 3: go back … Continue reading
There are these three guys in Warsaw, Poland — Gustaw, Artur and Jakub — and they call themselves ‘Acid Wizard Studio‘. They’re developing a game called ‘Darkwood’ for the PC, Mac and Linux. They need help. And I’m not talking … Continue reading
A while ago, I got ‘Portal’ from Valve Software. It was clever, and fun. But, I thought, a tad limited. Then I got the sequel: Portal 2. And now, I’m totally hooked. No escape!
A while ago, I wrote about my attempts to cure a certain addiction of mine. Time marches on: as Everquest II celebrates eight years of playtime I still seek a cure: apply within… 🙂
Electronic Arts (EA), one of the biggest video game companies in the world, is the target of a boycott orchestrated by hateful anti-gay groups. Thousands of anti-gay letters are flooding EA’s headquarters, threatening to push the company and its staff … Continue reading
JourneyQuest Season Two is in a galaxy not so far away… The JourneyQuest Season Two Kickstarter campaign has got off to an incredible flying start: 90% of the required total has already been pledged — in just ten days. Nerd-digger, … Continue reading
The blurb: Based on the research of Prof. Myles Allen at Oxford University, Fate of the World simulates the real social and environmental impact of global climate change over the next 200 years. The science, the politics, the destruction — … Continue reading
One word: Evony.