- Towel Day 2021May 25, 202135 days to go.
- UK government: please introduce charges on carbon emissions
- Towel Day 2021 kicks off in 101010* days
- Think before you thank?
- Who wrote the song “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”?
- Creating content collaboratively
- Get my eBook for FREE, All Fools Day 2021
- A belated ‘thank you!’ to my friend Dr Bob Rich
- “Believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear”
- Petition for a UK national citizens’ assembly (PR2028)
- Even the pessimists got it wrong, revisited
- Follow Wibble on WordPress.com
- ... wait, what? art balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Reblogs Science Strategy
- My Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Category Archives: Capitalism
Dear Paul, A few days ago, you asked: Wherein lays the truth? I believe that the crux of the matter lies in one of the quotations you offer: “… we are in a generational struggle to defend the principles of … Continue reading
I saw this cartoon on Peter Sinclair’s Crock of the Week, and it tickled me. It only sort of half fits the theme of this post, which is change — or rather, resistance to it; reluctance to do it, and … Continue reading
In the wake of Earth Hour on Saturday, here’s an appropriate post for All Fools’ Day. Although there are many things about which there is disagreement, there can be no argument that water is necessary for life. Humanity’s probes into … Continue reading
I wouldn’t say that I’ve had my head in the sand in recent months, but I will admit that I’ve been less actively seeking to educate myself about the triple whammy threat of climate change, overpopulation and peak everything. My … Continue reading
Further to my ‘Power grab on the Pacific Rim‘ bloggling last month (which caused at least Mike of Damn the Matrix, Sue of Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary and Lucinda of eek.ology to sign the linked petition — thanks for caring, guys!)… … … Continue reading
You may want to click on the image below for a better view. I sincerely hope you do, rather than linger here. If you haven’t yet followed the link to add your voice to object to the rug being pulled … Continue reading
To: Poop John the First of the Church of the Holy Shitters From: A. Defaecator Your Holiness, You may recall that I petitioned you some weeks ago for permission to reproduce your August newsletter, which had been the cause of … Continue reading