I don’t normally do ‘awards’. But this one is different: Ang4him of My Journey to Imperfection has publicly acknowledged me for trying to help others; it would be churlish to refuse. Thank you, Ang4him. Also, it gives me an excuse to brag again about my post ‘Using Gravatar to build traffic‘, which is what she was thanking me for 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their site.
- Write a paragraph of something positive about yourself.
- Nominate and notify as many bloggers as you wish.
- Use the Blogger Appreciation Award image.
I’ve already dealt with ‘rule 1’. Now for ‘rule 3’: nominations.
I would like to nominate two people: please visit their sites and show your appreciation!
- The Nerdy Lion, for offering a wealth of useful information to bloggers new and old.
- Dr Perry, for providing a forum for newcomers to the blogosphere to publicise their sites.
I’ve used the image, so that’s ‘rule 4’ ticked off the list.
OK… I’ve left the hardest till last: ‘rule 2’. I’ve never been very good at blowing my own trumpet. On the flipside, I’m a great procrastinator! Something positive… something positive… *suddenly, he thinks of something*: I like to think that I’m a good writer. Ever since I was a teenager I wanted to be ‘a writer’. Thankfully, I never made the mistake of turning that into my day job, because although the ideal is to work at something one enjoys, I can’t think of a better way to gag the muse than to be obliged to be creative just to get paid. Whether I am actually a good writer or not I’ll leave up to the reader (there are a lot of words in this blog — just shy of 400 published articles including this one; take your pick!).
Phew, I’m glad that’s over.