I recently read Guy McPherson’s book ‘Walking Away from Empire’. While I do recommend it, Guy is one of those who highlights the stupidity of homo fatuus brutus: here I am, going around trying to turn lights off when they’re not needed so as to save energy, while there are, at the same time, folks out there who are deliberately doing the opposite, because they believe that the only chance for any life to remain on our poor beleaguered planet depends upon ‘civilisation’ being brought to its knees as soon as possible.
- Majestic sunrise
- ‘Social’ media doesn’t recognise death
- Have I been pwned?
- I should have known better…
- Here’s a question that really matters…
- Not with a whimper, but with a bang
- Support the Dark Snow 2016 Field Campaign
- Bill Maher on new rules for old fools
- How to make your own Dvorak keyboard from a QWERTY one
- JourneyQuest 3: Return of the Lactomancer
- ... wait, what? Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy Food GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy Tributes