I recently read Guy McPherson’s book ‘Walking Away from Empire’. While I do recommend it, Guy is one of those who highlights the stupidity of homo fatuus brutus: here I am, going around trying to turn lights off when they’re not needed so as to save energy, while there are, at the same time, folks out there who are deliberately doing the opposite, because they believe that the only chance for any life to remain on our poor beleaguered planet depends upon ‘civilisation’ being brought to its knees as soon as possible.
- How to tell at a glance if the Moon is waxing or waning
- The trouble with plastic waste
- How to ensure that your blog lives forever
- Human Population Through Time
- Unwinding the Human Predicament
- Bacteria in Bottles – an example of Exponential Growth
- “If you Ignore the recent Warming, There’s Been No warming”: Deniers Go Full Arm-Wave on Hansen’s 1988 Predictions
- Join the Amazon Boycott!
- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets